If you have an eyeglass prescription, there are many options for you to choose from. You can opt for the traditional full rimmed glasses or go for the newer semi-rimless or the rimless styles. There is a plethora of choices for the face in terms of materials, looks and colors as well, making the choice difficult for anybody. However, there is one thing that surely defines what style you must opt for and that is your face shape. You must be aware that not all eyeglass shapes and sizes will suit every kind of face.
You may have an oval, round, square, diamond or oblong face shape, amongst others. It is imperative that you are aware of what styles, shapes and sizes will enhance your looks and compliment your face one hundred percent. In this article, we will give you tips for choosing the right kind of eyeglasses for an oblong face shape.
What is an oblong face shape?
Think Sarah Jessica Parker or Jennifer Aniston and you will have a fair idea of what an oblong face is. Basically, if your face is longer than it is wide, it is considered oblong. Mostly, the jaw line is rounded and the hairline may be rounded as well. So, whether you are considering eyeglasses or even a hairstyle, your main aim should be to make your face look shorter and with more width.
The best eyeglasses for oblong face shape
Your best bet for a pair of glasses for your face type should be:
– A frame style that has depth and width that would make your face seem shorter than it actually is
– The temples on the eyeglasses can be contrasting or even decorative
– The long nose can be made to look shorter with a low bridge on the pair
– The best shapes to buy then would be square shaped or round frames, such as the RX range from Ray Ban sunglasses.
– The semi-rimless variety will add that missing spark to your look
– A small frame should be avoided since it will make the face seem disproportionate
Similarly, do not get a short frame since it will actually enhance the length of your face, something we are trying to hide!
Conventionally, an oblong face gives the impression of being sad due to the straight cheek line. Once you keep these pointers in mind, you can get eyeglasses that add that much needed cool quotient to your face shape. Choose well and step out with the new pair of dazzling eyeglasses that suit you perfectly!